Ethiopian Investment Laws Issue the minimum capital Requirement to invest in Ethiopia. The minimum capital requirement differs based on different grounds. Below are the details.
Wholly owned foreign investment
If the investment is a wholly owned foreign investment the minimum capital Requirement will be
- USD 100,000 for a single investment project in cash and /or in kind;
- USD 50,000 in cash and /or in kind per project in areas of engineering, architecture, accounting and audit services, project studies or business management consultancy services; or publishing.
Investment in Partnership with Domestic Investors
If the investment is to be conducted in partnership with domestic investors the Minimum Capital requirement for investing in Ethiopia is
- USD 60,000 in cash and /or in kind per project;
- USD 25,000 in cash and /or in kind if the investment is made in areas of engineering, architecture, accounting and audit services, project studies or business management consultancy services; or publishing.
Exemption of the Minimum capital requirement
According to the Ethiopian investment law there is no capital requirement for an investor who:
- Exports at least 75% of his outputs;
- Reinvests his profit or dividend.
Any pertinent information about investment in Ethiopia, tax in Ethiopia, can be available from an Ethiopian Investment Lawyer, Ethiopian Tax lawyer, Ethiopian, Ethiopian Employment Layer, Ethiopian Labour Relationships Lawyer, Ethiopian Immigration lawyer.
If you have an additional question or comment please Contact us.