Fikadu Asfaw and Associates Law Office provide a wide range high quality Corporate and Commercial Business Organizations focused legal services ranging from Choice of Business Entity, Process of Formation, Type of Governance, Nature of Ownership, Operational Matters, Combinations, Acquisitions, Dispositions and Dissolutions of such Entities…etc to local and foreign investors in Ethiopia. As a Corporate law firm in Ethiopia our law office’s Corporate and Commercial practice is further strengthened by our the broad experience of our corporate lawyers in Addis Ababa and throughout Ethiopia on areas of Tax, Corporate, commercial, Partnership, Securities, Real Estate, Nonprofit, Intellectual Property, Banking, Insolvency, Fiduciary and Limited Liability Law.
Since establishment, our Law Office has represented several Foreign Direct Investments through Company Establishment and Partnership Formation, Business Start-Ups, Business Sales and Purchases, Business Refinancing, Mergers and Acquisitions, Corporate Governance and Directors' Duties, Commercial Contract Preparation and Negotiation, Due Diligence, Licensing Arrangements, Joint Ventures, Dispute Resolution, Foreign Investment, and Regulatory Issues. We handle the rights and responsibilities of our client business organizations doing business in Ethiopia with third parties with utmost care and thoroughness and our practice in Ethiopian Company Law is further enriched by our wide practice on Immigration, Tax, Merger and Acquisitions, Labour and Employment, Insurance, Intellectual Property, Tort /Extra Contractual, Litigation and Dispute Resolution, Criminal Cases and Defense.
Our law office’s clients have been from different sectors like Agriculture, Agro-Processing, Manufacturing, Textiles and clothing, Food And Beverage Products, Tannery and Leather Goods, Glass and Ceramic, Chemicals and Chemical Products, Drugs and Pharmaceuticals, Paper and Paper Products, Plastic Products, Building Materials, Tourism, Mining, Hydropower, Energy, Infrastructure, Commodities, Telecom, Health Services, Educational Services, ICT to Construction Services.
Our Corporate Attorneys in Addis Ababa and throughout Ethiopia have significant experience in the formation and registration of such clients including Sole Proprietorships, General and Limited Partnerships, Partnership or Joint Ventures, Private Limited Companies (PLC), Share Companies(SC) and Non-Profit Companies (CSOs and NGOs) in Ethiopia. We facilitate and handle Incorporation, Commercial Registration, Investment License, Business License, as per the country's Investment Proclamations, Regulations and Directives of the relevant organs like the Ethiopian Investment Authority and Ministry of Trade. We further extend our legal advice and legal support in relation to Labor and Employment Issues, Unfair Competition, Merger and Acquisition, Tax and others related with the Government Regulatory Bodies. Our business attorneys facilitate the opening of New Office, Regional Office (Branch Office), Commercial Representative Office (Commercial Agent Office) … etc for foreign and local entities in Addis Ababa and throughout Ethiopia. They also provide our legal support on Work Permit and Residence Permit of Expatriate Employees; protection of your Intellectual and Proprietary Rights, Like Trademark, Industrial Design, Patent; Leasing of Office or Warehouse; Local Employment Process; Finding out Distributors (Agents); Conducting of Market Surveys and Researches; Due Diligence; Annual Compliance; Company Secretarial Services; Tax registration; Bank Account Facilitation; Duty Free Permit; Foreign Capital Registration; Dissolution and Bankruptcy and Other Ancillary Services. In General we can say we serve all our clients’ needs in all spheres of Corporate and Business Organization Practice in one window as per the Investment Proclamations, Regulations, Directives and the Commercial Code of Ethiopia.
Our works of Legal Advice and/or Representation include;
- Foreign Direct Investments (FDI) and Company Formation and Registration;
- Preparing Company Documents like Memorandum of Association(MOA) and Articles of Association (AOA) of Companies;
- Contracts and Agreements like Joint Venture Agreement, Shareholders Agreements, Share Purchase Agreements, Commercial Contracts, Contact of Employment, Sales Agreements, Real Estate Leases, Memorandum of Understanding, Standardized Business Contracts, Commercial Law;
- Licensing and Permits, Investment License, Business License, Commercial Registration;
- Entry Into New Markets; Sale, Privatization, Reorganization and Restructuring of Companies; Strategic acquisitions; Mergers And Acquisitions;
- Investment Guarantees and Protection against Expropriation; Opportunities and Investment Incentives; Repatriation of Capital and Profits;
- Tax Identification Certificates (TIN), Local and Foreign Currency Bank Account Opening;
- Labour and Employment Issues; Immigration, Visas, Work Permit, Residence Permit;
- Tax and Finance; Company Secretarial Services, Corporate Governance, Management and Administration, Shares and Share Capital, Winding Up and Liquidation, Insolvency and Bankruptcy;
- Legal Advice and representation on Product research, Market research, Economic Data Research, Brand research; Intellectual and Proprietary Rights, Like Trademark, Industrial Design, Patent; Unfair trade and Unfair Competition;
- Franchise Law; Franchisors and Franchisees; Structure and Compliance; Capital Raising and Financing; Brand Positioning and Protection; Disclosure; Franchisor/Franchisee Relationships; Litigation and Alternative Dispute Resolution; and International Franchising;
- Corporate Compliance Law, Corporate Governance Law, Corporate Law, Compliance With Regulatory Requirements; Due Diligence
- Company Law, Agency and Distributorship, Food and Beverages, Franchise matters…etc.