Litigation and Dispute Resolution
Fikadu Asfaw and Associates Law Office believe and apply the old aged motto of “prevention is better than cure” and in advance prevent disputes by applying practical and amicable solutions to our clients’ legal troubles. However if such amicable solutions fail, our law office handles your litigation matters on wide range of legal issues at all levels of Ethiopian Courts and Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR) legal tribunals, with a High Quality of legal Representation, Transparent and Fair Fee Structure, Prompt and Quality Reporting.
Our litigation practice group is comprised of highly experienced Civil and Commercial litigation attorneys in Addis Ababa and throughout Ethiopia who work with firm understanding and expertise of various Civil and Commercial litigation. The Practice of our litigation lawyers is further complemented by our vast experience in Corporate Law, Immigration, Tax, commercial contracts; Real Estate; Franchise, Distribution and Marketing; Securities and Regulatory Enforcement; Competition Law; Intellectual Property Rights Enforcement Including Patent, Trademark, Copyright and Trade Secrets Disputes; Employment Disputes among others. Within these areas, the highly experienced and knowledgeable attorneys of our Law Office are perfectly capable of handling even the most perplexing litigation cases.
Our Commercial litigation and arbitration practice offers the combination of expansive litigation experience, legal know-how and expertise and a vast understanding of the judicial system, industry knowledge, and practical business sense critical to our clients businesses and needs. We represent Multinationals, Large Corporations, Medium Sized Companies in diverse industry sectors as well as Governmental Bodies and Parastatals in connection with their most significant litigation and arbitration matters.
Our law firm’s Attorneys aggressively protect our clients’ interests and specifically seek the best litigation solutions for our clients and their businesses. To this effect we also use alternative dispute resolution methods such as Arbitration, Mediation and Negotiation. Accordingly our Litigation and Dispute Resolution Department works on various form of dispute resolution mechanisms including Arbitration, Mediation, and Conciliation … etc. Our law office has wide-ranging experience in Commercial Arbitration and we have been handling several commercial arbitration cases as arbitrators as well as representing our clients and we are known for our strength in finding commercially-focused solutions to resolve disputes.
Our works of Legal Advice and/or Representation include;
- Litigation, Alternative Dispute Resolution, Arbitration, Conciliation Mediation;
- Intellectual Property Disputes including Copyrights, Trademarks, Patents, Industrial Design Rights and Trade Secrets, Franchising Disputes and Unfair Competition Cases;
- Investments related cases like Companies and Corporation Disputes, Company Registration and Investment related disputes; Dissolution, Bankruptcy, Bankruptcy, Insolvency;
- Immigration Cases, like Work Permit and Residence Permit related cases; Labor /Employment Related Cases like Unlawful termination, Compensation … etc;
- Corporate and Business Organization Disputes; Company Law cases; Tax and Finance related cases;
- Contract Disputes, Loss and Damage; Extra Contractual (Tort)
- Debit Matters, Fraud And Asset Recovery; Debt Recovery and Collection, Borrower Recoveries, Landlord and Tenant Disputes, Mortgage Possession and Sales, Services to Lenders;
- Suits Financial Instrument Like Cheques, Promissory Notes, Warranties, Loans, Bonds, Bank Loan, Insurance Case,…etc; Banking and Insurance Cases;
- Property Matters like Real Estate and Construction related cases;
- Compliance With Regulatory Requirements; Commissions and Inquiries
- Unfair trade and Unfair Competition; Mergers And Acquisitions; Consumer Protection, Competition/Antitrust Litigation
- Execution Of Foreign Judgments and Awards; Class Actions;
- Transportation Law, Cargo Claims, Civil Litigation, Liability Defense,
- Construction Law
- Family Matters, Wills, Succession, Inheritance, Adoption, Divorce and Separation, Child Support and Custody…etc; Declaratory Judgments like Change of Names and Birth Certificates…etc; Criminal Cases and Defenses,
- Appellate Practice: Trial Practice, Examining Witnesses, and Trial, Legal Research; Analyzes, Appellate Briefing, Oral Argument